Getting free furniture in to the homes of those who really need it requires money – our principal expenses are trucking costs and warehouse rent, as well as other basic operational expenses.
We furnish 450 families per year with enough furniture to fill their empty apartments – that breaks downs to an average cost of $300 to "Furnish a Family".
Here are some examples of how your donation can make a difference in a family's life:*
- $20 for a lamp to light up a family's home
- $50 for a table and chairs so a family can share a meal
- $100 for a comfortable bedroom to sleep in at the end of the day
- $150 for a living room for the family to gather and invite friends
- $300 to "Furnish a Family"
*Please note that your donation does not "purchase" a specific item – these are examples of what your donation makes possible for us to provide to a needy family, based on operating expenses
If you would like to make a donation to help a needy family "make a house a home", please click on the link below to make a secure on-line donation, or click to download our Check Donation Form.
Furniture Sharehouse is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation and your donation is deductible in accordance with applicable tax laws.
Every donation makes a difference – THANK YOU!